Friday, October 24, 2008

KK's Visit/Cobra Starship Show

KK and I had a TON of fun exploring Saint Louis! She arrived late Friday night (around 11:30) and was quickly assimilated into the dorm. There only people on my floor were Erin, Max (and his girlfriend, Sheila, who was visiting), and Luke. The group of us had some fun times goofing around and getting to know each other before we all retired to bed. KK slept on the futon, and we both woke up the next morning at about noon. We met up with Max and Sheila at the metro link station before heading down to the Delmar Loop. KK and I got lunch, frozen yogurt, and then decided to hit up a few stores. We ran into Max and Sheila at a cool thrifty store called Rag-O-Rama before heading to the COOLEST furniture store, Pizazz! Here is a lamp I found that I really want to buy:



After the furniture store we met up with Max and Sheila at the station again. They got off at SLU, and KK and I continued to Laclede's Landing to see the arch!




We spent all of 5 minutes at the arch (no joke) before our taxi was there to take us to the venue to see COBRA STARSHIP! The show was absolutely amazing! It was our 5th time seeing them, and the best yet! Here is a video from the concert:


Afterwards, we met up with some girls from my floor and waited around to meet the band. As always, they came out and hung with "the kids" for quite awhile. Gabe (the lead singer) has been under the weather, so he wasn't as much fun as he usually is, but still tons of fun! We ended up dancing together when some people started singing a song. Here's KK and I with Gabe:




Soon after Gabe cam out, Alex Suarez (the bassist) joined him. Alex, on the other hand, was feeling great! He is one funny and super nice guy. I asked him to sign my shoe and his response was: "I'll sign your shoe only if you sign mine!" In response to his own statement he whipped off his shoe and handed me the sharpie! Alex Suarez's shoes now have MADALYN GUY written down the side. Pretty cool considering he wears them on stage every night! Here's pictures with Alex:


This was while I was signing his shoe and he was sporting mine!





After the show we got dinner at Vito's Italian restaurant, right off campus. We finally got to bed around 3am, and woke up at 6:45 to catch our bus back to Chicago!

No comments: